Thursday, April 2, 2015

5 Things Not To Do When Writing A Story!

Hiya y'all!!!!!


So yesterday I got a request from my bestie, Dior, and I needed some time to think about what i could write in my post. What she said was to do one on 5 Things Not To....


So I decided, 5 Things Not To Do When Writing A Story, so enjoy!!!!!


1. Do not not plan.
Not planning is a horrible idea. If you want to finish your story, or have a great story, you're gonna have to plan it, even if it is in your head. In English, I am writing a short suspense story, a minimum of 2 pages. This was the first time I've planned before writing the actual story, and planning has helped me so much, even though I changed the whole plan once I got past the first paragraph. I am also writing a story on Quotev called Three Words, and I've had the story planned in my head for two days, and I've already finished the first chapter, and I feel better about myself because I actually planned before writing the actual story!


2. Do not write without knowing your characters.
Not knowing your characters, or how you want them to turn out like at the end of the story is not good. If you don' know what lessons your character is going to learn, or their journey before you start the book, you are going to be lost, take it from me. I had no idea what my characters were doing in one of my crappy stories from 2011, so I gave up on that. Now, while I'm writing both the English story and my own story, I know what they are going to learn along the way, I know how they are going to end up like by the end of the story.


3. Do not copy other stories' plot.
If you want to write a story, you have to have thought of the plot yourself. Sure, you can be inspired by other stories and books, but don't use their plot, because if you do, how will you know if you are able to come up with your own ideas? I have read a lot of online stories, so I get ideas from them, but I turn them into my own, and that is the closest I will ever get to copying someone else's idea/plot for a story.


4. Do not write two stories at once.
Writing two stories at the same time will confuse you, and you could write something in one story which is meant for the other. Now me, I'm an idiot, so I am writing 3 stories and a poem at the same time. So ladies and gentlemen, do not copy me, because I am an idiot :D


5. Do not force yourself.
Forcing yourself to write a story is a big no-no. For me, I started writing my story, Three Words, because I had an idea and I wanted to write it down, which suddenly lead me to writing a story. The other 2 stories were kinda forced for school. One for English and one for Drama. I'm only editing, adding and deleting some stuff from my Drama, I'm finishing my English and I've only just started Three Words. The poem has been going on since September, or some time around that. So, long story short, do not force yourself to write a story, wait for the idea to come to you (unless it is for school, then you have to think real hard!)



So that was it! 5 Things Not To Do When Writing A Story. I feel like I know stuff, when in reality, I don't know nothin' about anythin'.


Remember, if y'all would like to request something, comment it below, including if I can mention ur name, and I will do my best to get it done!


Love y'all!!!!! ❤❤❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment